Posted by : Unknown 26 October 2014


"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion." -Dale Carnegie

We all have those days when we don't want to deal with other people or rather have some time alone by ourselves. Sometimes we don't want to deal with people that just make us feel bad at work or school. There are times when someone is having a bad day themselves or is grumpy and decides to take it out on you. During those situations it can be difficult to handle because not only are you involved but another person's point of view of the situation is involved. Sometimes the innocent person can get hurt in the midst of the middle of a person's bad day. 

I remember once when I was volunteering, and was still getting used to the system of receiving calls and forwarding them to other people to go assist the people that had called, there was a time when I has made a mistake. I also remember that many people had forgotten that I was still a newbie at working things out, and they muttered annoyed comments under their breath over the phone. I didn't feel like i was doing a good job and it made me over-conscience over what others were thinking about how I was doing. For one call, I had forgotten to relay a message and the person on the end just replied with, "so...." and I stuttered what I had to tell her until she sarcastically replied, "thanks that helps a lot" and hung up abruptly. 

After nervously laughing I was staring at the phone dreading another person to call, because I didn't want the same mistake to happen again. I was growing nervous if I had to meet with the person who I had called, and thinking how I would feel. What happened next though, had given me a few relaxing breathes. The person who hung up came to me and apologized for rudely replying and hanging up the phone on the other end. She gave me a few pointers on what to do next time, and apologized again. In reply, I also apologized and thanked her and went on with working. I felt much better after she came talking to me and it really helped boost a bit of my confidence. 

If people are behaving rudely to you, sometimes you have to defend yourself. I did not in that situation because of my meek and quiet behavior in the volunteering area. Also if you, yourself behave rudely to others whether you realize or not, think it through properly. Consider other people's emotions and feelings too, because you don't know whether you had badly affected them or not. I myself felt much better, after she talked to me, so if you happen to cause a hysteria or situation with another person, try fixing and apologizing first and the truth and fixation between you and others might mend well. 

If you happen to have a bad day, don't take it out on others because that's just spreading the negativity even further. Apologizing and telling others that "I'm having a bad day" or "I'm angry" and you still keep taking it out on others will not make people try to help you feel better, rather it makes them want to avoid you. Whining will not help. Take things calmly, and if you are a person dealing with these types of people, you can help them or you can avoid them if you don't want to get involved.

An answer to a problem won't always be transparent, but it can be found by you. Don't Worry, Be Happy!





Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Theory of Happiness - Hatsune Miku - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -